Berks Plant design & Maintenance, Inc. Service Charge Policy
The charges for service by authorized Berks Plant design, Inc. Service/Engineering Representatives are determined as follows:
- The customer shall pay all travel expenses. These expenses include air, train, rental car, taxi or bus fare. A rate of .75 cents per mile will be charged if the representative(s) uses personal or company automobile. If the flatbed trailer is utilized, an additional .25 cents per mile will be added.
- The customer shall pay all living expenses when representative(s) is required to be away from permanent residence. Living expenses include, but are not limited to, lodging, meals (at $50.00 per diem), and local transportation costs.
- Any applicable airline surchages, baggage charges, oversize fee, etc.
- Service Charges are as follows:
- Charges while on-site
- $95.00 per hour for work performed between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm Monday through Friday, holidays excepted.
- $142.50 per hour for work performed after 8 hours have been worked or Outside the hours of 7:00am and 5:00pm Monday through Friday.
- Travel hours will be counted as work hours in determining premium charges for the day.
- $142.50 per hour for work performed on Saturday.
- $142.50 per hour for work performed on Sunday.
- $285.00 per hour on Holidays
- Charges while in-house
- $75.00 per hour for work performed at BPDM's facility between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday, holidays excepted.
- $97.50 per hour for work performed after 8 hours have been worked or Outside the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- Travel hours will be counted as work hours in determining premium charges for the day if related to on-site service.
- $97.50 per hour for work performed on Saturday.
- $130.00 per hour for work performed on Sunday.
- $195.00 per hour on Holidays.
Holidays include: New Year's eve, New Year's Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
- Travel time will be charged at $65.00 per hour. Saturday travel will be charged at $97.50 per hour. Sunday travel will be charged at $130.00 per hour. Holiday travel will be charged at $195.00 per hour. Travel time shall include delays beyond the control of Berks Plant Design & Maintenance, Inc.
- The minimum charge for a service call is four (4) hours and expenses per paragraphs 1 & 2. If for any reason beyond the control of BPDM Inc., the representative(s) is delayed or prohibited from working, the customer will be charged the applicable service rate for the idle time.
- Requirements and Assistance: Customers are required to have adequate pneumatic supply and electrical power available and connected at the time our technician arrives for Start-up or On-site Service as provisioned. It may also be necessary to have a production line running for the tuning of a piece(s) of equipment and be production ready for full run-in on the production line. BPDM will need the participation of one technician, operator, or maintenance person during the length of the On-Site visit.
- Additionally, it may be necessary for the BPDM Technician to make modifications that require additional tooling impractical to carry to a customer's facility. Hand tools such as drills, grinders, or the services of welders and/or machine shop work may also be required. The customer is responsible to provide these items or services as required or direct BPDM technicians to local suppliers or service providers. Customer is responsible for all cost/fees associated with these requirements.
- It is understood and agreed that the customer will indemnify and save harmless, Berks Plant Design & Maintenance, Inc. and its employees from and against any and all claims for injury or death to persons or damage to property (including costs of litigation and attorney's fees) in any manner caused by, arising from, incident to, connected with, or growing out of service to be performed here-under. Neither Berks Plant Design & Maintenance, Inc. nor any of its employees shall be liable for consequential or incidental damages arising from performance of this policy.
- Receipt of copy of policy prior to start of work is hereby acknowledged.